A BHHI inspection is a thorough inspection:
Expecting the unexpected: We’re always looking for those things
most sellers and buyers may not realize could be an issue.
As an licensed home inspector and owner of Blue Heron Home Inspections, I adhere to the Standards of Practice for my industry, as set for by groups including the Florida Association of Building Inspectors (FABI), the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI), and the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI).
Florida Association of Building Inspectors has the most stringent standards of the three prevailing industry groups, and that is why Blue Heron Home Inspections adheres to FABI standards as well as its Code of Ethics.
This means, we will attempt to inspect all of the following when accessible:
- Overall structure
- Grading and drainage
- Foundation and crawlspaces, basements
- Roof, vents, flashing, and trim
- Eaves, soffit and fascia
- Gutters and downspouts
- Skylights, solar panels, chimney and other roof attachments
- Lanais, steps, patios, porches, walkways, and railings
- Cooling & Heating systems,=
- Plumbing systems, including Main water shut off valves
- Interior plumbing fixtures and faucets
- Exterior plumbing features, including pools & spas
- Sump pumps with accessible float
- Electrical service line and meter box
- Main disconnect and service amperage
- Electrical panels, breakers and fuses
- Grounding and bonding
- GFCIs and AFCIs
- Insulation and ventilation
- Garage doors, safety sensors, and openers
- And much more…
Don’t just take our word for it–listen to HGTV’s Property Brothers describe the value of a home inspection:
For your unique inspection needs,with any specific requests or questions.
Click this link to download our Sample Report: BHHI Sample Home Inspection Report
Request an inspection through our Inspection Agreement: BHHI Inspection Agreement 2013
Inspector Joe Cockey
Licensed Home Inspector
HI# 7653, ASHI #252524, InterNACHI, FABI
Proudly serving the greater Sarasota & Manatee counties region, including Sarasota, Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch and more.