What Really Matters: Working with a Qualified Inspector You Can Trust
My analytical mind has always been drawn to precision and detail,
and “Expecting the Unexpected” in every single property.
My passion for houses began with my family’s love of old homes. Growing up in Baltimore, Maryland, we were among the first to buy the $1 row homes offered in what was then the derelict Inner Harbor. To our $1 purchase we had to bring extra investment, construction and engineering expertise, and of course, a lot of sweat equity. My earliest construction experiences are now a permanent part of Baltimore’s exclusive Federal Hill neighborhood.
My wife and I have continued that passion, renovating houses in other historic neighborhoods, including waterfront property just outside of Annapolis and restoring a 100-year-old Craftsman Four-Square on the National Register of Historic Places. Most recently, we brought new life to what is our family home, which had fallen into disrepair, here in Sarasota.
Throughout my professional years, I’ve been drawn to details. I began my career as a Spacecraft Analyst at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, and then served for 13 years as a Pastor of several Lutheran congregations. Perhaps it was NASA’s motto “Conscious Expectation of the Unexpected” that first inspired me to always look farther, look deeper. Even now, as a home inspector, I strive to “Expect the Unexpected” in each property.
As owner of Blue Heron Home Inspections:
- I hold Florida State Home Inspector License #7653 and am fully insured
- I passed the National Home Inspector Examination
- I am a member of the Florida Association of Building Inspectors (FABI), the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI), and the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI #252524)
- I abide by the FABI Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics, which are considered the most stringent among the professional home inspection associations.
- I consider honesty and integrity as crucial hallmarks of my life and my work
If you honor Blue Heron Home Inspections with the opportunity to complete an inspection for you, we will strive to provide you with expert information and services worthy of your trust in our efforts.
Click this link to read our Sample Report: BHHI Sample Home Inspection Report
Request an inspection through our Inspection Agreement: BHHI Inspection Agreement 2013
Inspector Joe Cockey
Licensed Home Inspector
HI# 7653, ASHI #252524, InterNACHI, FABI
Proudly serving the greater Sarasota & Manatee counties region, including Sarasota, Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch and more.